OMCA Elects New Board, Executive at Conference
At its recent annual Marketplace and Conference, the Ontario Motor Coach Association (OMCA) elected its new Board of Directors and Executive for the coming year.
Ray DeNure from DeNureTours replaces Ghislain Leduc of Leduc Bus Lines as Chair, with Ray Cherrey of Pacific Western becoming Vice Chair and Marc Laplante of 417 Bus Lines assuming the role of Secretary-Treasurer. Joining the Executive for the first time is Doug Badder of Badder Bus Service. New additions to the Board for next year include Ted Goldenberg of Chapman Cultural Tours, representing tour operator members, and Kelly Dean from Ottawa Tourism, representing supplier members.
Embracing the association's maxim, "Better Together", the new OMCA Board and Executive will be working hard to bring all segments of the industry together to find creative and collaborative solutions to the challenges facing the industry.
The full Executive Committee includes:
- Past Chair Ghislain Leduc, Leduc Bus Lines
- Director Sue LeClair, Shoreline Tours
- Director Doug Badder, Badder Bus Service
- Secretary Treasurer Marc Laplante, 417 Bus Lines
- Vice Chair Ray Cherrey, Pacific Western Transportation
- Chair Ray DeNure, DeNureTours
The full Board for 2016:
- Doug Badder, Badder Bus Service
- Ray Cherrey, Pacific Western Transportation
- John Crowley, Coach Canada
- Kelly Dean, Ottawa Tourism
- Brian Denny, Denny Bus Lines Ltd
- Ray DeNure, DeNureTours
- Diane Diebel, Hanover Holiday Tours
- Ted Goldenberg, Chapman Cultural Tours
- Greg Hammond, Hammond Transportation Ltd.
- Stuart Kendrick, Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp.
- Marc Laplante, 417 Bus Lines
- Sue LeClair, Shoreline Tours
- Ghislain Leduc, Leduc Bus Lines
- Ron Malette, Tisdale Bus Lines Ltd.
- Jamie Murray, Parkinson Coach Lines
- Mario Poulin, Voyages Rockland Travel
- Rene Poyant, Cape Cod Custom Tours
- Guy Tessier, Motor Coach Industries
- Dave Willis, Ayr Coach Lines