'Stump' for the Travel Industry During This Important Week
From May 1 to May 7, the national travel and tourism industry is being celebrated. National Travel and Tourism Week was established in 1983 to showcase the unique value travel holds for our economy and how it benefits each individual's personal well-being. Throughout the week, travel and tourism professionals like you will work to promote the industry's contributions to the U.S. economy. Election season is upon us—and it is time for you to "stump" for the travel industry!
The goal of this year's Travel and Tourism Week is to ensure that travel—and its positive impact—is made part of the 2016 election season discussion. Travel is one of our country's primary industries, after all. Citizens and government officials need to know about the numerous ways this bipartisan industry supports and bolsters our nation's economy.
Become a Travel and Tourism Advocate
Travel '16 is a nationwide campaign highlighting how travel benefits our nation's health, prosperity and productivity. Travel is a job creator, educator and good health generator.
You can endorse this important travel message by:
1. Staging local rallies and inviting local officials, media and travel employees to attend.
2. Meeting with local lawmakers to discuss the importance of travel and tourism.
3. Starting online travel discussions. Include #NTTW16 in posts to amplify your message.
4. Promoting travel rallies on social media. #NTTW16
5. Contacting members of Congress and talking about the importance of the travel industry.
6. Hosting local attractions tours for your community's elected officials.
Click here to learn of more ways to become a National Travel and Toursim Week champion.
Who better to support, promote and endorse this industry than the people who live and breathe it everyday?
Written by Lisa Stickler, staff writer for Groups Today magazine.
Photo courtesy of the U.S. Travel Association.