7 Ways to Create Marketing Opportunities—Not Chaos
During a crisis or time of upheaval, we have a couple distinct options: We can see the mountain of work ahead of us and quickly give up. Or, we can give ourselves a swift pep-talk, mobilize our creativity and discover the opportunities that are hiding just below the surface of the chaos.
I'm sticking with option No. 2—will you join me? Here are some manageable goals that will help set you up for success as we settle into our "new normal."
As we all know, there is life after COVID-19 and you have the chance to write history. Right Now! Here are some things you may want to see on your list of accomplishments as you look back:
Get creative with content NOW! In the era of quarantine, use these tips to ensure you don't disappear.
- Get creative with your messaging and graphics.
- Create short slideshows and videos to inspire travelers to dream. Don't forget about these three video details that make a huge difference.
- Do a live broadcast and showcase bucket list travel experiences. This will give people the "mental vacation" they need now. Expand your reach with these killer ideas and tips on the gear you'll want ... even if you're on a shoestring budget.
This is a great time to expand your content library so in the future, as business ramps up, you'll be able to drip out content to spark new bookings.
- Create a series of blog posts.
- Write a series of articles for local news outlets.
- Appear on local TV stations as the travel expert.
- Shoot a video series and ramp up your visibility by revealing insider travel secrets, hosting a Q&A, and chatting with each of your top suppliers.
- Of course, don't forget about building brand awareness into your content library strategy.
Photo courtesy of Catherine Heeg.
COVID-19 has given us a year of unprecedented obstacles but it has also delivered some unexpected opportunities. Use this unforeseen free time to double down on your marketing efforts and prepare yourself for what's next. Your future self will thank you for it!
Written by Catherine Heeg, an international speaker and trainer who focuses on social media marketing strategies for the tourism and hospitality industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.