5 Tips to Rock Your Next 360 Video
Have you seen the new 360 videos on Facebook and thought to yourself, "WOW! My clients would love to see footage like this of our next tour/excursion!"?
Good news: These videos are easier to make than you might think! Here are some ideas on how to get your 360 video strategy started.
Whether you're looking for a 360 camera that attaches to your phone or a separate device, prices start around $100. Here are some of the top choices.
Understanding how you'll be using the camera may influence your purchase. A couple of questions you may want to ask:
- Where will it be used?
- Will it need to be attached to a tripod?
- How will you edit the video? (Some have onboard editing capability.)
- How tech-savvy do you want to be?
- Are you interested in plug and play?
360 Video Opportunities and Ideas
Are you brimming with ideas to incorporate 360 video into your marketing? Here are some opportunities you may consider.
- Take your clients on your next adventure: ziplining, surfing, touring an exotic food market
- Showcase a short clip of adventure on your next group tour: touring a winery, weaving with the locals, paragliding
- Immerse your fans in "a day in the life" of a tour group.
- Pro tips here
- Short clips of events, attractions and festivals in your area.
- Showcase unique adventures provided exclusively for your guests.
- Examples here.
Hoteliers and Resorts
- Capture the essence of your property at the pool, restaurant or culinary event.
- Imagine immersing people in resort activities.
- Go behind the scenes and capture excitement in the kitchen.
- Pro Tips here.
Written by Catherine Heeg, an international speaker and trainer who focuses on social media marketing strategies for the tourism and hospitality industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.