Mexico, California to Co-Promote Tourism
The Secretariat of Tourism of the United Mexican States (SECTUR) and the Government of California of the United States of America have signed a memorandum of understanding, aimed at developing and strengthening cooperation in the tourism sector between Mexico and California.
The memorandum specifically describes cooperative activities in which the two entities will engage, including:
- Developing tourism promotion initiatives to increase bilateral tourism flows, with emphasis on luxury travel, adventure and nature tourism, sports tourism, sun and beach tourism, cultural tourism, and tourism organized for groups.
- Promoting the importance of tourism and travel as an economic engine; participating in seminars, conferences, exhibitions, symposia, and congresses related to tourism and related issues; and any other action that represents a potential for tourism development.
- Encouraging and supporting the exchange of experiences, statistics, information materials, and any other information of mutual interest to their tourism sectors.
- Developing tourism crisis management committees, if needed.
- Promoting the implementation of training programs.
To view the memorandum in its entirety, click here.