The Ledge at Skydeck
No trip to Chicago is complete without a visit to the top of the tallest building in the Western Hemipshere and The Ledge at Skydeck Chicago!
Treat your groups to an all new, "One Stop Chicago" experience on your journey to the 103rd floor. Enjoy 360-degree views spanning up to 50 miles and four states, and the most spectacular view ...1,353 feet straight down! "Dare to Stand Out" on The Ledge—glass balconies extending 4.3 feet outside the building provide a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience!
In a city famous for its skyscrapers, Willis Tower, home of The Ledge, is a world-renowned building—a Chicago icon. The eighth-tallest building in the world, it remains the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, standing 1,450 feet and 110 stories tall.
Whether it is daring to stand out on The Ledge or learning about the Windy City, visitors get a "One Stop Chicago" experience on their journey to 103:
- Museum-quality exhibits highlight the iconic tower, and celebrate Chicago's rich history and culture through captivating visuals.
- Video screens give visitors a sense of what it would be like if they stood on The Ledge, 103 floors above Chicago staples like Wrigley Field, Cloud Gate at Millennium Park, or North Avenue Beach.
- Multimedia elevators give visitors one of the fastest rides in the world, while referencing points of interest that match the ascending height.
- A theater presentation, Reaching for the Sky, tells the story of how the building and Chicago's well-known landmarks set architectural standards after the Great Chicago Fire and beyond.
- The Ledge provides unobstructed views of miniature-looking people, taxis and bridges from glass floors 1,353 feet over Wacker Drive and the Chicago River.
Click here for more information about this Chicago landmark!
Photo courtesy of The Ledge at Sky Deck.