Keep the Summer Spirit Alive with Collette
Exploring extra special spots in Europe and North America that are perfect for groups.
Ah, the warm summer nights, the spontaneity, the sense of adventure and freedom. Many of us link our travel plans to the summer months. And as summer sunsets give way to autumn golds and winter whites, it's tempting to tuck away our wanderlust; to return to the grind, the routine.
But for 106 years at Collette, we've been lucky enough to watch firsthand the magic that unfolds in us all when we engage with a new culture, taste an exotic food for the first time, or step out of our comfort zones.
The beauty of travel shouldn't be confined to one season.
TRAVELING: A LIFELINE TO HAPPINESS
Here's the clincher: Scientific studies (yes, really!) have revealed that having a trip penciled in your calendar boosts happiness and reduces stress. Call it a dose of "Vitamin T," if you will. It turns out, that keeping that vacation state of mind has the power to make a real difference in our lives.
Now, you might be thinking: "Great, but where do I go next?" Glad you asked. As we edge closer to 2024, there are some extra special spots in Europe and North America that are waiting for your groups.
Have groups who are dreaming of viewing the Northern Lights in Finland or getting lost in the timeless beauty of London or Paris? 2024 could be their year. Here are just a few of our favorite gems to consider:
1. Flavors of Portugal and Spain: Dive into a 16-day gastronomic adventure across the Iberian Peninsula. Picture this: Touring a Spanish cider house, savoring cider-infused cuisine, learning bullfighting traditions in Pamplona, and mastering the art of petiscos in a cooking class along the Douro River Valley. It's a blend of culture, cuisine and "pass the port!"
2. Majestic Cities of Central & Eastern Europe: Fairy-tale charm is waiting to be unraveled—from the historical depths of Berlin to the luxurious Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna and the famed Thermal Baths of Budapest. Stroll through Krakow's Old Town and pay respects at the somber site of Auschwitz. A mosaic of past and present, it's a journey through time.
3. Spotlight on the French Riviera: Embrace the elegance of the French Riviera. From enchanting Monaco to the opulence of Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and the iconic Cannes, get ready to live a slice of the good life. Did we mention artisanal perfumes and sun-soaked beaches? C'est magnifique!
4. The Azores: Jewels of Portugal: Discover an untouched paradise in Portugal. Embark on an adventure through the archipelago's sparkling gems, traverse the Sete Cidades Caldera rim, delve into the "Cavern of Coal" lava tube with an expert guide, and relish meals cooked by the heat of the volcanic earth. Yes, in the Azores, volcanoes aren't just for sightseeing—they're our sous-chefs!
NORTH AMERICA AWAITS! DIVE IN:
North America's bucket list stops are yours to explore, from sea to shining sea.
1. Spotlight on NYC: The Big Apple is always a good idea. Picture four nights in Midtown, an incredible Broadway show, a visit to the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building, the poignancy of the 9/11 Museum, and the buzzing Times Square. As the song goes, if you can make it here ...
2. Bluegrass Country & the Smoky Mountains: Embrace the heart of Appalachia. Get a flavor of Bourbon in Louisville, immerse in the pioneer spirit of Tennessee, and let the charm of southern Appalachia seep into your soul. Highlights? The historic Biltmore Estate and the mesmerizing Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
3. Roaming Coastal Maine: Dive deep into the heart of New England where the allure of Maine's rocky shores beckons. Picture this: Oyster shucking by the coast, the awe-inspiring landscapes of Acadia National Park, and the age-old charm of Maine's oldest lighthouse. Lobster traps, vintage wine tasting and the vibrancy of Portland—it's pure coastal magic.
4. The Colorado Rockies: Traverse the Colorado Rockies and embark on a journey through three mesmerizing national parks. From the depths of the Black Canyon to the heights of Pike's Peak via the world's highest cog railroad, it's a spectacle of nature and Old West nostalgia. There, your groups will find a symphony of peaks, canyons and unforgettable memories.
Beyond the boost in happiness, traveling gives us unique experiences that simply can't be found anywhere else. And with Collette, your groups are not just traveling; they're embarking on an experience crafted by travelers, for travelers.
As the sun sets on summer, let it rise on your next adventure, and pencil in your dose of "Vitamin T!" The world is vast, beautiful and waiting. Let's keep that summer spirit alive, shall we?
Happy travels and see you on the other side of the horizon!
Courtesy of Collette.
Photos Courtesy of Collette.