OMCA Marketplace 2016: Know Before You Go
OMCA Marketplace is Sunday, October 30—Wednesday, November 2. Jennifer McGregor, travel trade manager of Niagara Falls Tourism, board member of OMCA and supplier committee member, shares what to know before you go.
What's great about OMCA? And what's great about Marketplace, specifically?
OMCA is a dynamic organization that really advocates for motorcoach business in Ontario. It's a really intimate association that listens and works hard for its members to create and increase motorcoach business.
OMCA Marketplace is a great way to do business with these operators, network with them and build your relationship with them. The conference also offers great educational seminars that teach you about the industry or increase your personal skills.
What can attendees expect from OMCA Marketplace this year?
Niagara Falls is so excited to host this conference this year! We really want to showcase all that Niagara has offer! With sightseeing tours to Niagara on the Lake, around Niagara Falls, St. Catharines and Twenty Valley, we really want to showcase the diversity of the product that Niagara offers.
We're also hosting a Niagara Pre-FAM for Operators that will showcase what is new in the area. The opening event will showcase the spectacular wonder and beauty of the Falls, offer our unique Canadian products and cuisines, and finish with a spectacular fireworks presentation over the Falls.
What are your tips for attending OMCA Marketplace?
1. Come early and stay longer, as you will be amazed at what Niagara has to offer!
2. Bring a Halloween costume, or order one through OMCA's contact, as we're going to have one "spooktacular" Halloween party!
3. Buy your tickets for the first annual Party with Purpose. It'll be a rocking party with proceeds going to the OMCA Foundation that helps supports students wanting to work in the industry.
What opportunities are unique to OMCA Marketplace—and what opportunities should attendees be certain to take advantage of?
1. OMCA does a great job with their lunches and events—make sure you participate in everything! They have an excellent mentorship program, so take part in the first-timers' training!
2. Participate in the educational seminars: They offer great learning and networking opportunities.
3. Volunteer. It's a great way to meet new people and help a dynamic association.
How can attendees best capitalize on their experience with OMCA Marketplace?
Do your research on the operators before coming. Find out what they do in your area—or can do in your area, based on some of their itineraries. And during your appointment, be ready to do business! Go to all the events; the operators of OMCA are very approachable and fun, so the events are a great way to network and build relationships.
Edited by Cassie Westrate, staff writer for Groups Today.