Opening 2025: First Look at Universal Epic Universe
Universal Orlando Resort shares first official look and details about its highly anticipated new theme park, Universal Epic Universe, opening in 2025.
Come 2025, Universal Orlando Resort will unveil its next gamechanger for theme park entertainment with the debut of its most ambitious theme park yet: Universal Epic Universe. Epic Universe will present a level of theme park immersion and innovation that is unmatched—transporting guests to expansive worlds featuring more than 50 awe-inspiring attraction, entertainment, dining and shopping experiences that come together to create an unforgettable adventure that is nothing short of epic.
The addition of Universal Orlando's fourth theme park will also transform the award-winning resort into a weeklong vacation destination filled with the most compelling experiences imaginable.
Among the first details shared about the new park are those surrounding Celestial Park, one of the new Universal Epic Universe theme park's five immersive worlds featuring exciting attractions, dining, shopping and more—all set within breathtaking gardens in the heart of Epic Universe.
With acres of rolling gardens, chasing waterways and strolling pathways, Celestial Park puts the "park" back in "theme park." As soon as guests enter the imaginative world, they'll embark on a journey of discovery, thrills and excitement as they wander through lush living gardens nestled along shimmering waters surrounded by stunning architecture inspired by astronomical and mythological elements. It's here that guests can relax while taking in the sights and sounds around them, board a shooting comet for an exhilarating roller coaster adventure, dine on delectable cuisine, shop exclusive merchandise to commemorate their visit and more.
Celestial Park will also be the gateway to explore the four additional worlds of Epic Universe—each bringing to life extraordinary adventures that go beyond guests' wildest imaginations. Through a set of majestic portals that capture the imagination and creativity of each world, guests will embark on a transformative experience as they journey from Celestial Park to: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Ministry of Magic; SUPER NINTENDO WORLD; How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk; and Dark Universe.
ATTRACTIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Below are some additional details about some of the other wonders guests can enjoy while exploring Celestial Park:
- Starfall Racers, a dual-launch racing coaster that sends guests rocketing through the skies aboard comets in a race to see who's the fastest of them all. Reaching speeds up to 62 mph and heights up to 133 feet along 5,000 feet of track, Starfall Racers will be Epic Universe's most thrilling coaster experience with unique maneuvers such as the "Celestial Spin," in which the two coaster vehicles perform an inverted crisscross while speeding through the air—creating an "out-of-this-world" adrenaline rush.
- Constellation Carousel, the grand centerpiece of Celestial Park. Here, explorers of all ages will take a fantastical whirl aboard constellations that glide forward, backward—and even make 360-degree rotations—through the milky way in a choreographed dance of music and starlight.
- Astronomica, an interactive wet-play area that also doubles as a giant compass rose to the many wonders of Epic Universe, featuring crystal blue fountains that spring to life and dance around guests.
- An array of unique dining experiences ranging from full-service restaurants to quick-service locations that offer something for every palate, including Atlantic—a full-service "surf and turf" restaurant set inside a Victorian aquarium complete with captivating views of Celestial Park; and The Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant—where diners take a culinary journey across Asia as they enjoy authentic Chinese, Japanese and Thai fare in this full-service restaurant accented with neon dragons and ethereal lanterns. Additional "must-eat" locations within Celestial Park include The Oak & Star Tavern, where guests can enjoy savory barbecue, Pizza Moon, which will serve up a tasty menu featuring a variety of pizzas and more.
- Incredibly detailed retail locations, including the Nintendo Super Star Store, where guests can shop an assortment of merchandise themed to SUPER NINTENDO WORLD; Moonship Chocolates & Celestial Sweets, where guests can satisfy their cravings with a unique selection of sweet treats, and more.
- Plenty of exciting entertainment, including various fountain shows throughout Celestial Park's seven acres of water where a multitude of fountains sway, dance—and even reach heights up to 135 feet in the air—to music and interactive lighting from day to night.
In addition, located inside Epic Universe at the end of Celestial Park is Universal Helios Grand Hotel, designed to transport guests to a world where the heavens and earth unite—complete with 500 rooms, one-of-a-kind views and its very own dedicated entrance into the theme park. Plus, Epic Universe is Universal Destinations & Experiences' latest development to integrate energy efficiency and sustainable construction practices.
More details about Universal Epic Universe—including the debut of an interactive preview center at Universal CityWalk later this year that will offer a sneak peek at the new theme park—will be revealed in the months ahead.
For more information, visit Universal Orlando Resort.
Courtesy of Groups Today.
Photo Courtesy © 2021 Universal Orlando. All Rights Reserved.