Time-Saving Blog Secrets
When you sit down to write a blog post, does it suddenly feel like the blank screen is looming large and your mind has drawn a blank?
Unfortunately, all that time spent being staring at your screen, typing and erasing is eating up your valuable day. Even though we may have a bit more time on our hands these days, there's no reason to let blogging be a huge time-gobbler and, ultimately, no longer worth it.
Don't fall into that trap!
Blogging has a TON of benefits as we move from COVID chaos to recovery. Here's a seven-step plan to follow that will help keep you on track and trim down the time you spend blogging.
Are you put off by blogging because you feel it takes too much time? Here's why you'll want to consider writing a blog:
- Want more leads? Companies that publish more than 16 blog posts per month generated 4.5 times more leads than companies publishing four or less monthly.
- Want better brand awareness? 60% of consumers feel engaged/positive with a brand or company after reading custom content on their blog.
- Want to be found online easier? Better SEO? Blogging is responsible for 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links.
- Want more buyers? 47% of B2B buyers read three to five blog posts or content pieces prior to talking with a salesperson.
Blog and Beyond
While blogging does take some time, here's a breakdown of how you may spend that time:
- Research topic: approximately one hour.
- Write: 30 – 45 minutes.
- Edit: 15-20 minutes.
- Add images and captions: Approximately 15 minutes.
- Upload to blog platform: 10 minutes.
- Formatting and turbo-charging your text: 10 minutes.
- Market: Approximately 45 minutes.
Tune in below for tips to ensure your blog earns the attention it deserves.
Expand Your Blog Readership
Don't let your blog time be a one-and-done project. Repurposing your blog will not only provide you with more social content, but it will earn you more eyeballs too. Here's a repurposing roadmap:
Boost your social savvy by putting these tactics into your to-do list. Don't waste another minute of not taking advantage of all the benefits of blogging.
Written by Catherine Heeg, an international speaker and trainer who focuses on social media marketing strategies for the tourism and hospitality industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.