Feeling Festive in Shreveport-Bossier
As that warm holiday feeling arrives and festive spirits are up, the cities of Shreveport and Bossier City are celebrating by offering some of their signature holiday events—in a safe and socially distanced way, of course. Visiting groups could enjoy events during November 2020 into late January 2021.
Festival and event organizers say they have taken all the CDC recommended safety standards at their venues such as mask requirements, in-car fireworks watching experience and appropriate social distancing measures.
Beth Smiley, publications director for the American Rose Society, is excited to bring one of Shreveport's marquee holiday events—Christmas in Roseland—back. She says her organization has taken all the necessary precautions in the planning phase to ensure guests have a safe experience.
"We encourage mask-wearing and social distancing," Smiley said. "Six-foot markers will be placed along the walkways, along with signage reminding visitors. Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the park, and we will be sanitizing the Roseland Express between every ride. Bathrooms will be sanitized numerous times nightly. We will also have tickets available to purchase online prior to arriving at Christmas in Roseland."
Some returning favorite events for 2020 include:
- Believe - The Magic of Christmas at Shreveport Aquarium | Nov. 27 - Dec. 23
- Christmas in Roseland at the American Rose Center | Nov. 27 - Dec. 13 (every Friday to Sunday) and nightly Dec. 17 – 23
- Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival and Mudbug Market at Riverview Hall | Nov. 27-28
- Sno-Port at Sci-Port Discovery Center | Nov. 27 - Jan. 30
- East Bank Holiday Market at East Bank Plaza | Dec. 4 - 11
- Christmas on Caddo Fireworks Festival at Earl G. Williamson Park | Dec. 5
"Holiday celebrations will be even more meaningful this year," said Stacy Brown, president, Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau. "We have endured a lot, but the holidays are such a sweet reminder of all that we have to be thankful for and what a great time to share with those you love."
To learn more, visit Shreveport-Bossier.
Written by Sarah Suydam, Managing Editor for Groups Today.
Photo courtesy of Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.