In response to overwhelming popular demand, ARTECHOUSE in Washington, DC has extended its highly successful installation, Crystalline, to February 28, 2021.
The installation, which originally opened on October 15th, 2020, builds upon ARTECHOUSE's recent exploration of Pantone's Color of the Year for 2020, Classic Blue. Imprinted in our psyches as a restful color, PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit. The installation seeks to do the same; centering our thoughts and fostering resilience.
Inspired by blue's dependability, Crystalline explores the color's connection with earth and crystals through a journey that is both adventurous and contemplative—an exploration through an illusory, blue-hued castle. Representative of our desire for a stable foundation that often feels out of reach during these turbulent times, this surreal yet familiar place offers guests a refuge from the everyday.
"We are excited to continue our partnership with ARTECHOUSE to bring the restful and meditative qualities reflected by PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue to our audiences in this space," said Laurie Pressman, Vice-President, Pantone Color Institute. "A calm and confident blue hue, we hope these installations provide visitors to ARTECHOUSE with the peace and tranquility many are seeking during this time."
ARTECHOUSE presents Crystalline at a moment when Classic Blue has new relevance.
"During these unprecedented times, as a society, we have found ourselves in a new state of existence. Before 2020 even began, Pantone selected Classic Blue as the color of the year because they saw it as the hue to sustain us during a time of change," said Sandro Keserelidze, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer, ARTECHOUSE. "2020 ended up bringing changes no one expected, making the hue of Classic Blue, and the qualities it represents, more relevant now than ever before. We couldn't think of a more timeless and timely theme to end the year and launch a new chapter of experiences."
Additional installations inspired by Pantone Color of the Year 2020 Classic Blue are also now on view at ARTECHOUSE NYC and Miami. In all three locations, virtual portals give visitors a window into other destinations, fostering a sense of connection across ARTECHOUSE spaces and countering the isolation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic—and, often, by modern forms of communication.
Across all locations, ARTECHOUSE has implemented several safety protocols:
- New operating hours to ensure sufficient time for cleaning and sanitation.
- Art space sessions continue to be limited in capacity along with split session start times to ensure seamless entry and proper social distancing.
- Mask or face coverings must be worn inside the art space at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the art space.
- Suggested safe distancing of six feet apart from others will be strictly enforced.
- Professional cleaning and sanitizing prior to each daily opening.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing of the art space performed by team members.
- Visitors that are experiencing illness symptoms will have the option of rebooking.
Learn more by visiting ARTECHOUSE.
Courtesy of Groups Today.
Photo courtesy of ARTECHOUSE.