Empire State Building Observatory
DISCOVER THE HEART OF NEW YORK
Welcome to the world-famous Empire State Building. Located in the center of Midtown Manhattan, our 86th and 102nd floor observatories provide unforgettable 360° views of New York City and beyond. Whether you’re in town for a week or a day, no visit to NYC is complete without experiencing the top of the Empire State Building.
THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
The Empire State Building is more than a spectacular view. It’s an immersive experience inside a world famous landmark. In addition to our Observation Decks, your visit includes the newly restored lobby with its stunning art deco ceiling murals and the historical Dare To Dream Exhibit. Download the free app via iTunes or Google Play for your all-access pass and exclusive content, or access our audio tour on your personal device at audiotour.esbnyc.com.
TOP DECK: 102ND FLOOR
Get the Whole Picture
Sixteen floors above the 86th Floor Observatory, the Empire State Building’s Top Deck provides our most spectacular views of the city and beyond. Central Park comes into full view, the grid of streets reveals its brilliant design, and on a clear day you can see beyond the skyscrapers up to 80 miles away.
An added bonus of visiting the Top Deck is taking a ride in our manually operated Otis elevator. Instead of counting floors, watch your altitude rise as you ascend. Don’t forget to quiz your operator and take lots of pictures!
Take it all in together.
There’s no better place to start exploring NYC. Take in the legendary views of the greatest city in the world, then hit the shops and restaurants. Don’t forget to share your experience with the hashtag #EmpireStateBuilding.
- Invite everyone. Get special rates when you visit with 20 or more friends. Visit our group sales page for more info.
- Go up before going out. Take in the view after 10 PM to kick off an epic night in New York City.
- Share your experience with friends! Tag your pictures with #EmpireStateBuilding and they could end up on our Gallery page.
- Visit like VIPs. Get Express Passes online and you’ll skip the lines.
- You will see our uniformed personnel on the sidewalk in front of the Empire State Building. If you have any questions, please ask them, or ask inside the building. Express Pass tickets are not sold on the streets in front of the Empire State Building, only on this website or from our onsite ticket office. Other street sales agents are not employed by the Empire State Building Observatory