Kearney, Nebraska, where east meets west! Situated in the Heart of America, you can visit award-winning historical and cultural attractions for groups of any size.
Receive a rebate of $100 if you book 15 rooms or more!
Experience the History
If you thought museums are boring, you’re doing it wrong. Experience the sights and sounds of U.S. history like never before. Must-stops include the Archway, Classic Car Collection, Museum of Nebraska Art, Trails and Rails Museum and the Nebraska Firefighters Museum.
Explore the Culture
Kearney has a vibe that only people who have been here will understand. From the bustling downtown with unique shops, brick streets, entertainment and restaurants to the wide-open spaces with the company of your choice, we really do have something for everybody.
We want you to not only discover awesome opportunities in Kearney, we want you to enjoy doing it! Our community prides ourselves on our service, and we welcome anyone to come explore our small city with big city amenities. Find your happy place in Kearney, Nebraska!
Hidden Gems Must-Dos
- Kearney Water Trail: An easy float of 2.3 miles, kayak your way down the waterway and take in the scenery! Rentals available at Kearney Paddle Sports.
- Sandhill Crane Migration: The Sandhill Crane Capital of the World, Kearney experiences one of earth’s greatest migrations in the spring. For six weeks, 80 percent of the world’s crane population converges on the Platte River.
- Hike/Bike Trail: A trail network of over 20 miles, including a 13.1 mile trail from Cottonmill Park to Fort Kearny.
- Glass-Bottom Boat Rides: Open from Memorial Day through Labor Day, spend an afternoon on the river!
- G.W. Frank Museum: One of the first houses west of the Missouri River to be wired for electricity. It has been used has a sanitarium, living quarters for the Nebraska State Tuberculosis Hospital staff and now helps preserve Kearney’s history.
- Kearney Raceway Park: The only Drag Strip in Nebraska and has several weekend events happening April through November.